Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

samedi, décembre 17, 2005

Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa and all the rest!

Hello all! This a super fast post to let you know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, but I just got a little busy, then, WHAM! I got the worst case of the stomach flu ever! It had me knocked out for the better part of the week! All is well now, thank goodness.

In typical Debbie fashion (last minute to do's before major vacations), I'm witting to you just before Gary and I are about to catch a cab (in a half hour) to the airport for our big holiday vacation up North. We are visiting Gary's cousin and his family outside of London for Christmas and are stopping in to Amsterdam and Belgium on the way.

Quick update as to what we have been up to: We spent last weekend here celebrating the big L'Escalade weekend (I will write more on this later). Gary and I attended a huge dinner function at the Geneva Welcome Center which was fantastic. Then I met up with some people from the "Geneva International" group at a local bar on Monday night to celebrate a girl's birthday who I have recently met. Everyone was so nice! The community is very inviting and we are definitely trying to make the most of it!

French is going well and all in all things are pretty good! Well, I will be writing more when we return in nine days. Have a wonderful holidays everyone! I miss you all, especially now with all the festivities of the season.

Happy Holidays!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kid said...

Kim (that little bitch) said the same thing on my blog.

Fuck Kwanzaa! I have yet to meet anyone who celebrates or who can even explain it.

Obus is a weenie for returning that coat with you. I'll have a heart to heart with him upon his return visit.

Magoo

2:00 AM  
Blogger Swiss Miss said...

Magoo, First of all, lots of people celebrate Kwanzaa, the time of love and understanding. And who the heck is this Kim person anyway?!? I bet she doesn't celebrate Kwanzaa!

Anyway, about the coat, I think Gary is an honorable husband and any good guy put in that situation, including you, would do the same! :)

Hey Sue, Gary sends his love back!

Talk to you fine folks later!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Kid said...

Hi Deb...Kwanzaaaaaa is bullshit and you know it.

I would not have!!!!

xoxo

kid

3:55 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home