Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

vendredi, septembre 08, 2006

My bags are packed, sort of...

Okay, after this frenzy of blogging activity, I'm giving you all a rest for the next two weeks. We are off to Africa! I am so excited I can hardly wait, but of course there are a bunch of things we still have to do:

We are bringing a checked bag full of school supplies (which aren't cheep in Geneva, where is Wal-Mart when you need it?!?) for kids in orphanages we will see on the way (this was recommended by our tour company and I was all over it). I have to finish cleaning the house so our 15 year old cat-sitter doesn't report to her dad (G's co-worker) that our place "looks like we left in a hurry." And finally I still have to finish packing, which I know may come as a shock to those who know me. ;)

Strange thought report: Nothing to report thank goodness, except very vivid dreams on my part, but that is nothing new. Mingle, in one dream we were diving to the bottom of the ocean to recover computers that were sunk in giant barrels... I'm not sure what the interpretation of that is... just strange I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger sactownkid said...

Have a fantastic time!!!!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Mrs Mingle said...

Perhaps I was looking for my R key?
:) Can't wait to hear about your African adventures!

8:56 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home