Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

jeudi, juillet 19, 2007

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

I know, I know... I've been way behind with the blog. Backdating entries, sporadic tales of our travels from months ago, weeks with no updates. Yes, the signs are all there... I've been a very bad blogger. It’s good because I've been on the go, almost constantly. But it's bad because I've had no time to keep up with things at home, like e-mails and such. But after a weekend of catching up with friends in Geneva and a spring cleaning of our flat, I'm now determined to catch up and get current with the blog by Thursday when Chica arrives from California.

So we kicked off our summer with a trip to the US. G had a business meeting and I hadn't been back for over 6 months, so I figured it was time to head home for a little visit. My first stop was Florida to see my grandparents and my aunt and uncle. The visit was short, but as always I had so much fun. I got to see my grandparent’s new place they had moved into a few months ago. I loved it and had a great time meeting the new neighbors, one of which knew Jimmy Carter growing up. I also had the chance to go on the maiden voyage of the new RV my aunt and uncle recently bought. The weather wasn't cooperating, but we didn't let the rain damper our jaunt down to Key Largo.

I flew into SF just in time to attend a surprise birthday party for our friend Lid (my apologies, I've never been great at giving pseudo names to folks in my blog). The party was a blast with so many of my friends there for the big celebration. But my trip wasn't all good times... the next day instead of wake boarding with G, Clarence, and Chica, I was in Woodland attending a CPR class. I made up for my long and boring 8 hours of class by getting together with a few of my Vacaville friends (now transplanted to SacTown). It was great to catch up. The great surprise of the evening was helping Ari (another attempt at a pseudo name) buy her ticket to Switzerland for two weeks later!

The rest of the week was split between lunch and dinner dates with friends and family and working to keep my EMT certification current. I took a three day EMT refresher course that was long, but surprisingly very good. The week ended with a big dinner with G's side of the family when we had a big "Christmas in June" dinner at Celia's, my favorite Mexican place. I actually ate here earlier in the week too, but I just can't get enough good Mexican food when I'm home.

The last hurrah was a big dinner in SF with some of our closest friends. Gary's guy from the Swiss office was also there. I was having such a good time I completely forgot to take a single picture!! I couldn't believe it! It was a great way to end a wonderful week back home.

I was out the door at 4:30am to catch my 7am flight to Newark and then on to Geneva. One stop. Easy, right? Well, this is where the good times ended and my nightmare began...


Go Pepperdine!


Happy Birthday you old pirate you!


Okay everyone... smile!


Hanging out with the Vacaville crowd


Christmas in June

2 Comments:

Blogger SabineM said...

hi! DOn't know if you remember me. I am the SWISS Miss living in California. ;-) WE corresponded a little in the beg of 2006. Then i lost your blog and got busy (my family grew by one last summer) and this morning, I woke up and I thought "I wonder how the California Swiss miss in Geneva is doing!" I know, weird and random. But I did! I had to go through my old comments to find you! I HAVE alot of catching up to do on your log. I scrolled and checked our your photos! I can't believe you went to Egypt. It is my dream to go. So WE need to talk about this. I have a million questions!
Hope all is well and that you are still enjoying THE BEST place on earth!

3:40 PM  
Blogger SabineM said...

Did you go to Pepperdine?
That is just over the hill from me. I live in T.O. my attempt NOt to give it away to the world. Also not good with pseudo Names... but if you went to Pepperdine you will know what TO means! ;-)

3:45 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home