Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

samedi, septembre 01, 2007

*36 by 37*

I know it has been a little while since my birthday, but as a faithful reader of Sactown Kid's blog, "Yay Toast (and all things good)!" I'm taking up her birthday challenge.

Basically it works like this: You make a list of things, equal to your current age, that you want to accomplish by your next birthday (& scrapbook about it if you are crafty and have the time... maybe next year I will, but for now I'm just happy to have written the list).

I've done a couple of the things on the list already, but I assure you that I made the list after my birthday and before I accomplished anything on the list... it just took a while to publish them.

So who out there is up to the challenge too??

36 things by 37 challenge
(in no particular order)

1. Take a cooking class
2. Start grad school
3. Make significant progress on my genealogy research
4. Register and train for a half marathon
5. Paraglide in the Swiss Alps
6. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
7. Visit my grandparents
8. Send out my Christmas cards on time
9. Purchase a new set of rollerblades
10. Get pregnant
11. Sleep in a barn in Gimmelwald
12. Be in better shape
13. Beat my “course de l’Escalade” race time
14. Drink the water in Evian, France
15. Read a book a month
16. Release at least 12 books (one a month) on Bookcrossing.com
17. Go ice climbing on a glacier
18. Eat at least one fruit and one vegetable every day
19. Drink at least 2 glasses of water every day
20. Visit the Jungfrau “The Top of Europe”
21. See a movie at the outdoor theater in Geneva
22. Start a personal recipe book
23. Learn to speak French more fluently
24. Explore new places in town (and the surrounding area)
25. Renew my WWF (World Wildlife Federation) membership
26. Visit countries #34, 35, 36, & 37
27. Attend the Schwingen Alpine Festival
28. Start swimming again
29. Go antique shopping
30. Find ways to become more environmentally friendly
31. See “The Last Supper” in Milan
32. Stay current with my blog
33. Renew my EMT certification
34. Stretch every day
35. Visit Lavey-les-Bains thermal baths
36. Read “The Little Prince” en Français (& understand it!)