Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

samedi, juin 24, 2006

I'm home!

After 24 hours of traveling (via a train, the Paris Metro, a bus & 2 flights), I'm home. I arrived in Washington DC first where I had to go through customs before catching my next flight. There is something about walking through US customs that makes me a little sentimental and when the customs official said "Welcome home!" I almost got a little teary eyed. Then I got stopped by the drug dog.

The cute little beagle was glued to my suitcase like a magnet. "Hey there lil' fella!" I wanted to say, but the guy attached to him was all business. "Are you carrying any food?" Oops... I forgot to declare the 20 pounds of cat food I was hauling back (loooong story, but funny). "Do you have a cat with you?", Uhhh... No. "No cat but you have cat food? That's a first!" I now had to explain to him my long story and wait in an even longer line to have someone rifle through my stuff. Good times!

But, I was now on my way to SF, cat food & all. After arriving, I stood at the luggage carousel and watched two flights of baggage come and go, but only one of my bags made it. Super. It turned out that my bag was simply delayed and would be arriving in an hour and a half... at least it wasn't lost.

Finally, finally I'm home. It’s good to be back. I'm excited because tomorrow I fly to Vegas for my dear friend's wedding (M & G), then I'm heading up to Lake Trinity for our annual house boat trip. When we return I have a week to relax before our other friend's wedding (D & C) just before heading back over the Atlantic. There really is no place like home and I'm looking forward to every minute of my two weeks here!

1 Comments:

Blogger CHO farmer said...

Welcome back. You niece missed you. I bet she hardly knows you now. Sniff.....Hahahaha. You know the deal, give us a call when you are up in Sac. I know we aren't the only ones you have to see.

7:50 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home