Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

dimanche, juillet 30, 2006

So much to celebrate, so little time!

Driving back from the house boat, I realized that my time in the US was running short. I had one more week and about a month's worth of things to do. There were people to see, errands to run, and packing to do. On top of that I had a raging ear infection and a dentist appointment to go to, so I wasn't too thrilled with the week ahead.

I didn't get a lot of sleep or get all my errands done, but I did manage to stay calm (even in the dentist's chair), keep everything in perspective, got my priorities in line and simply saw as many people as I could possibly see in the short time I had. I had such a good time hanging out and catching up.

My biggest joy was meeting my newest niece, Rona. (I'm not sure if my cousin-in-law's kids are called cousins once removed or second cousins twice removed, or what... so all three are simply my nieces!) She is so cute and I'm so happy that I got to meet her in her first couple weeks of life! I've been friends with Rona's parents since we were kids, so to see this precious little addition to the world was really special for me.

Happy Birthday Rona! Welcome to the family! :)