Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

mardi, octobre 10, 2006

My husband the diplomat

There has been some technical difficulties with our Africa blogs (yes, there will be more than one). In the meantime, while I figure out how to upload pictures... I'm going to tell you a little story.

So my husband has this t-shirt that he really likes. It's been around a while and has seen more than a few tours on the houseboat. I didn't even realize it had moved with us to Europe, until he wore it on a weekend getaway in Switzerland. It's an E-Trade T-shirt that reads, "Forget French, teach your kids to read ticker."

French is one of the four official languages of Switzerland, so I was worried that we would be offending some of our neighbors, but that was just my opinion. G thought it was funny! :)

Along those lines, here's a little test to see how good your international etiquette is...

CLICK HERE to take the quiz and find out!

I got an 8 out of 11... not too bad if I say so myself! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kid said...

I love that T-shirt. F*&^ France anyway. You shouldn't be too consumed with offending folks. Unless they are muslim...these guys might cut your head off.

BTW: I missed Iran and Poland..that's it sista!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Costa Rica Chica said...

Oh, Kid. You PC nut. That shirt is typical Obus. And old as the day is long. It's up there with those horrendous black and yellow thongs (I mean flip flops) that Kid wears every weekend. Maybe for every kid you have, you should get a different outfit for the weekend. That'd be nice.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Kid said...

I wish I still had those yellow flip flops. Had to retire em' in 2002. Turns out they were Obus "shower" flip flops from the Cal Poly Dorms back in 1989.

7:34 AM  
Blogger CHO farmer said...

I got 4 out of 11. I will stick to truck stops and the McDonalds in Walmart I guess.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Swiss Miss said...

Chica, I fully agree... out with the O-L-D. I guess flip-flops from two decades ago is better than Pepto-Bismol from the 80's that G tried to feed me when we were first dating... I think he was trying to knock me off.

Kid, thank the good lord those ancient yellow things are gone, we just had a clean-out-the-closet day and anything from high school or college got the heave-ho.

Farmer, I think that just means you and the family need to get on a plane and come visit us! ;)

6:40 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home