Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

jeudi, novembre 01, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Although Halloween isn't a big holiday here in Geneva, it seems to be getting bigger every year, especially with the expats. The group, Glocals (formally GenevaOnLine... I still have to get used to the new name) threw a big Halloween party and it did not disappoint. G was still in the US, so I went with a friend whose husband is also back in the US. I was a "midnight fairy" and she went as an accident victim, complete with Top Ramen brains coming out of her head! I bought my costume when I was back in the US and I got a ton of compliments (my friend Greg said, "You must have gotten that when you were in California... you would never find that here!"). Some people didn't even recognize me with my black wig and Goth style! I only wish I had taken more pictures... I totally forgot I had my camera for a while. But it was a fantastic night and thanks to my crazy getup I even got in without having to pay the 20 CHF cover! :)