Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

lundi, juillet 31, 2006

Congratulations Darren & Christina!



I first met D when I was a starving student at Davis. Chica, myself, and three others were getting certified in SCUBA out on the coast and we needed a place to crash. D was nice enough to pony up his couch & the floor to us. (It certainly beat our accommodations the following evening when we snuck into a campsite, where we froze all night before having to peel on our very wet & very cold wetsuits for our final day of frigid, murky diving.)

I meet C a few years ago under much better circumstances, at a warm & friendly bar when she & D started dating. I liked her so much and knew that they were perfect together. When I heard they were engaged I was thrilled! As a recent bride myself, C & I bonded over wedding planning and an exchange of tips & tricks for putting together a great wedding.

And the wedding was great! It was beautiful, elegant, and touching. G & I had a wonderful time. And even though the weather cooperated a little too much, the wedding & reception couldn't have been more perfect! I even hauled my potted place card all the way back to Geneva with me.

After the reception a group of us headed over to Burlingame Station for a few drinks & a little pool. We had a good time, but it was a somewhat early night for us, since in the morning both G & I were heading back to Europe. G to Geneva and me to Paris with the maid-of-honor, J, for two weeks of travels through France & Italy! Oh yeah, and I still had to pack! :)

(And by the way, if you are wondering, these pictures were taken with the post-fell-in-the-water-off-the-house-boat camera. The pictures came out, but they still sort of hazy. It was the only camera we had... better than no pics at all!)

Congratulations D & C!
I wish you all the love and happiness in the world! :)



The kiss


The cake


J & me before our big trip! :)


The fellas


Hanging out at the after party!

2 Comments:

Blogger CHO farmer said...

You still have moisture in the camera. Put it in a box with a decicant or in a window and let the sun dry it out( not direct sun though). Just make sure it doesn't get too hot. It may take a while, but it should work.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Swiss Miss said...

Thanks CHO!! We missed you on the house boat this year... and not just for your electronic prowace! ;)

11:14 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home