Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

samedi, décembre 08, 2007

Bébé on board

Yes it's true...
We're Pregnant!!
And it's high time that we spread the word! When we were home in October we were thrilled to tell our friends and family the wonderful news, but I wanted to wait to post it until I had one more doctor’s appointment here in Geneva. This will be the first grandchild on my side of the family and the first great-grandchild for my grandparents who I was especially tickled to share the good news with. We are simply over the moon and can hardly wait to meet the little munchkin next spring.

So far everything is fantastic and going well. We are already 18 weeks along to the due date on May 12th and I have just started to show and wear maternity clothes (thanks Erika for the jeans!). I've found that I'm quickly growing out of my regular clothes, which is a great excuse to go shopping! We have already had two ultrasounds and have heard the little heart beating, which is so amazing to me! I'm now in my second trimester which is great, because I was really nauseous for the first 12 weeks and wasn't able to eat a lot. But it's a small price to pay and I tried not to complain too much. Now I've been feeling great and I seem to have my energy back too which is an added bonus!

We've really appreciated all the good wishes and advice we've received so far. It's just beginning to set in just how different our life will be next year. :) Our most common question so far is, "Do you know if it's a boy or girl?" No, not yet and we've decided to wait and be surprised. Yes, that will probably mean lots of green & yellow things (hey, but can't girls wear blue & boys wear pink?), but we figure there are so few things in life that are good surprises that why not wait?

Our other big news is that we are moving back to California at the end of February! Gary's contract has come to an end and we are gearing up for the big move. Three months seems like a long time, but I know it will fly by, just like the last 2 1/2 years have!! We will probably be in temporary housing for a few weeks while we sort out our condo situation (our tenants are in there until April), but whatever happens I plan on taking this move as easy as possible and make the movers do all the lifting. My main concern is our little munchkin and looking forward to when he/she finally arrives in May. :)