Bonjour de la Suisse

Hello from Switzerland! ~~ The adventures of a California girl who got married to a great guy, G, and traded in her old life for the chance to live in a foreign land and live the expat life for a couple years. We live in Geneva, Switzerland with our globe-trotting cat, Scout.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : California, United States

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." ~ G.K. Chesterton

jeudi, novembre 23, 2006

Heureux jour de l'action de grâce

Or... Happy Thanksgiving Day!

I started my French lessons again this week, and I'm always looking for opportunities to learn new words. Last night playing pool I learned that we share the word catastrophe; the French just say it a little more passionately than we do. Now I've learned how to say Thanksgiving. I'm not sure how often either of these words will come up in conversation, but I guess they're more useful than sea monster (monstre de mer) or hyperbolic chamber (chambre hyperbolique)... at least I hope so.

Tonight we are celebrating with a couple other transplanted Americans at a local hotel that is putting on a little Thanksgiving faire. The option of cooking at home is out, since our local stores don't carry turkey, cranberries, or much of anything else for a proper meal, except maybe sweet potatoes. I got a tip that there's a place in France you can get turkey, but they are like 20 Euros a pound... I don't need to cook that badly!

We miss you all back home! Have a great day watching football and filling up on all that delicious grub. We will be thinking of you! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kid said...

Back at ya "sis". We'll be at Auntie Sharons tonight. Should be good for a laugh or two.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Costa Rica Chica said...

Always! It was quite the baby fest. and Not babies like Vince Vaughn means. I'm talking ACTUAL babies!

12:38 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home